Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Veil Inspiration

This Madewell scarf is one of my favorites. Its fabric is soft cotton jersey and its size is big enough to inspire me to play with. You could find around three or four yards of soft jersey fabric to do a DIY project. Jersey fabric works fine with a raw edge. When I put this outfit together, it was inspired by "hijab"; a headscarf or veil (refers to the head covering traditionally worn by Muslim women and modest Muslim styles of dress in general).

My husband (who is my photographer) and I had a lot of fun while doing this shoot. The weather was perfect to wear these layers; MMMargiela nude bodysuit underneath NhaKhanh thumb holed mesh top, The Row cardigan, Madewell scarf, J Brand bianca jeans, MMMargiela goat hair collar (similar here).
I had fun styling this outfit. I love the fact that this look seems very mysterious and spiritual. Yes, it added even more interest to the look by pairing with this McQueen devil clutch (similar here) which I purchased last year from the final sale at the Forty Five Ten boutique, and my little girl who chose this clutch from among those on sale.
The Woods multi charm bracelet.
Thank you everyone for reading!! Have a wonderful day ahead!!! xo...Hanh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment